Many things that we consume daily such as tea and coffee can stain our teeth, and the biggest part of the commercial toothpaste contains many unhealthy ingredients such as:
1. Fluoride- Can have a negative effect on the reproductive system, brain, bones, and even your IQ! It can also cause acne and other hormonal issues.
2. Xylitol made from GMO corn
3. Sodium Lauryl Sulfate- causes irritation of the skin and eyes, neurotoxicity, organ toxicity, ecotoxicology, endocrine disruption, and cellular or biochemical changes
4. Glycerin- Coats your teeth, and prevents them from remineralizing.
5. GMO Soy Lethicin
Knowing this, what should you do to prevent all of this and still have a white smile?
You Should Make A Homemade Whitening Toothpaste!
Here are the ingredients of this awesome clay-based toothpaste:
* 1 dropper full of Organic Liquid Stevia
* 1 tbsp. of melted Organic Unrefined Coconut Oil
* 1/4 tsp. of Sea Salt
* 2 tbsp. of Bentonite Clay
* 2 capsules of Activated Charcoal or ½ tsp. of bulk Activated Charcoal
* 10 drops of Peppermint essential oil
* 2 tbsp. of Filtered Water
* 1/4 tsp. of Organic Ground Cloves
* Optional mineral drops for additional mineral benefits
You can also substitute the peppermint oil with dried ground mint if your kids also want to use this toothpaste.
1. Open the charcoal capsules.
2. Mix with all the ingredients in a glass container. (Avoid metal or plastic because it can pull the toxins out of it)
3. Blend everything together using a wooden, rubber, or silicone spoon.
4. Keep it in a dark cool place.
You may need some time to adjust to the taste of the toothpaste because it isn’t as sweet as the ones you can find in the stores.
Be social share with your friends and family!